1. Be polite to other members, other teams, mods, and just everyone. DO NOT bash fandoms, characters, ships, or anything else. You will be banned. This is your only warning.
2. Participate at least once every two weeks. This rule is in place to keep the teams as even with active, participating members as possible. You don't have to do EVERYTHING. Just SOMETHING.
3. Follow instructions set out on challenge posts. The rules are there for a reason; size limits are often there for a reason, and deadlines are always to-the-button unless an extention is given.
4. Provide a warning as to what your entry is spoiling (i.e. "WARNING! Spoilers for season 4 of Fringe") IF it includes spoilers for something that's aired in the last two weeks or was released in the movies in the last three months.
5. You must provide a WARNING on all art that includes risque images like sex scenes or suggestive themes. If you do not, I will not count it for a challenge.
• WHAT IS LANDOFART?
• DO I HAVE TO SIGN UP (APPLY FOR A TEAM) TO TAKE PART IN A CHALLENGE?
YES! You won't be able to see the challenges unless you sign up (apply for a team), are approved, and get invites to join the correct communities because the challenges are members locked!
• WHAT FANDOMS ARE INVOLVED?
Basically, EVERY fandom. Not just fandoms either. You can do stock graphics, celebs, etc as long as it fits the theme of the challenge and there are no fandom restrictions. You are in no way restricted to work within the genres defined by your team.
• DO I NEED TO BE ABLE ALL KINDS OF GRAPHICS TO JOIN?
Not at all! You can only do icons, or only picspams, only wallpapers, etc. Whatever floats your boat -- as long as the challenge permits it (meaning: there will be SOME challenges that ONLY allow the making of a specific type of graphic).
• I HAVE A SUGGESTION FOR A CHALLENGE, WHERE CAN I LEAVE IT?
You can leave suggestions here.
• WHAT DO I DO IF I HAVE A QUESTION ABOUT A SPECIFIC CHALLENGE?
At the first comment to every challenge, There will be a questions thread - ask there as a reply to the questions thread. It may take up to 24 hours to get back to you. If for some reason you never get an answer (likely because LJ never sent me the email notification that you commented) then feel FREE to PM me.
• I HAVE SOME OTHER KIND OF QUESTION, WHERE CAN I ASK IT?
You can ask any other questions here.
• I NEED TO TAKE A HIATUS, WHERE CAN I DO THAT?
You can take a hiatus here.
• I NEED TO OPT-OUT OF THE COMMUNITY, WHERE CAN I DO THAT?
You can opt-out here.
• WHERE DO I FIND OUT IF GOLDEN TICKETS AND/OR CARDS ARE ACCEPTED FOR A CHALLENGE?
Go to the spreadsheet here and look at the 'CHALLENGES' tab which lists all the open challenges at the top, due date, links, etc along with columns for 'ICON/SIG PTS?', 'GOLDEN TKETS?', 'JAIL FREE?' and 'FREE HINT?'. By each challenge, it will either say 'yes' or 'no'. If it says yes, then you can use a ticket or card, etc.
• WHERE CAN I FIND OUT HOW MANY GOLDEN TICKETS AND/OR CARDS I HAVE TO USE?
Go to the spreadsheet here and look at the 'GOLDEN TICKETS' tab which lists the members and how many of each ticket and card they have to use. If your name is NOT in that tab, don't panic, it's because you have 0 tickets and/or cards. I didn't want to put every member on there since it would make the list HUGE so I'm only putting those members that actually have a ticket and/or card.
• I JOINED, NOW WHAT DO I DO?
We've got an entire guide for newbies or returning members of the comm which you can read here! It details everything you can think of and if there is something it's missed, you can always ask!
• HOW DO I ENTER A CHALLENGE?
Follow the directions at the post. Unless otherwise stated, ALWAYS submit your entry to that post. You will usually reply to your team's thread, with your entry. However, almost every challenge has a section called "How To Submit" which will give you details on what to do. Please make sure to follow exactly what it says. MOST posts give a textbox of info to copy and paste when submitting. USE THEM! Don't just post whatever --- the forms are there for a reason! :)
• WHAT IS EXPECTED OF ME?
You are encouraged to enter any and all challenges you can. At the bare minimum though, you should enter at least one challenge every two weeks. Should you be inactive for this period of time you will be removed from your team's community. You are more than welcome to re-apply however once you have more free time on your hands.
• I'M NOT THE BEST AT SOMETHING, DOES THAT MATTER?
Not at all! While there is occasionally voting, participation is what's most important! It's the effort that counts most, so jump right in!
• OMG, THERE ARE A LOT OF CHALLENGES GOING ON! DO I HAVE TO PARTICIPATE IN EVERYTHING?
NO! Absolutely NO! :) Now, don't misunderstand me, you CAN, if you'd like and have enough time but you don't HAVE to!
• THERE ARE JUST TOO MANY CHALLENGES! I THINK WE SHOULD HAVE LESS!
Thanks for telling me! I do value members opinions. That being said, the reason we have so many challenges -- well there are multiple reasons.
- not all members can or will do all types of graphics (some people ONLY make icons, or ONLY make wallpapers, etc) so this gives those people challenges to do
- even if it's something a member makes, not always are they inspired by the challenge
- there are a lot of members (there was at the time this was written) so if we had only like say 5 challenges EVER going on, and some took a while to do, people would become even more inactive than normal and the comm would die)
Overall, the way I run it is - with so many challenges going on at once, there is always (well, 99% of the time) something for everyone to do - no matter what graphics they make etc. This way, people can pick and choose which they want to do, have time for, and are inspired by. I realize it can be a little overwhelming but the main thing everyone should remember is you are NOT REQUIRED TO DO ALL OF THEM! Though of course, you can, if you want.
These rules were borrowed and edited from tvrealm with thanks.